Saturday, August 6, 2011

Shakespeare In the Park



Just returned from Shakespeare In the Park where I played the last 2 nights. I performed Celtic harp and songs before Showtime. The audience really enjoyed the info between tunes, such as, explanation of Scottish rhythms, the Scot's Snap, the Strathspey and information about Turlough O'Carolan. Cousins were visiting from Seattle and we all went together to the park, along with local cousins. Ailis from Seattle danced some Irish Step Dancing while I played the final jig. She is a REAL Irish girl, her dad still lives in Ireland, the rest of her family are Irish American. It was so much fun with our cousins last night because it reminded me of past years when we attending SITP together, back when they lived nearby, and I know they truly enjoy Shakespeare and live theater, as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment