Wednesday, August 10, 2011

View From the Bridge in Cambridge City



Verses which came to me during my walk in Cambridge City, IN, May 27, 2005 View From the Bridge in Cambridge City © Laura 2005 Wherever everyone else is In the world today I stand, alone, at this moment, Looking over the bridge. The stream below Passes under me. There's my shadow on the water! I watch the blossoms Flow on the surface See the sandy bottom through cool water, Shallow enough for wading. I look along the winding banks As far as I can see, Water, twisting and turning Disappears into infinity. The foliage, green and fresh With new Spring growth, Flourishes and Bends to reach the water. Here and there I see dry branches Lodged in the creek-bed Ripples splashing over them, Laughing along their merry way.

No comments:

Post a Comment